Thursday, February 12, 2015

Is there a Duggar/Bates wedding on the way?

ET sat down with Erin Paine for an interview. Erin and Chad were married in November 2013 and their special day aired on 19 kids and counting. Erin and Chad appear on Bringing up Bates.
Chad and Erin are 23 weeks pregnant with their first child but have miscarried three babies in the past two years. Erin reveals what her fears about her current pregnancy and her past miscarriages. She also talked about a wedding between the Bates and Duggars along with Jill Dillard's advice to Erin.
ETonline asked "After you spoke about your [miscarriage] struggles on the show, did you get a lot of support from women who had been through something similar?"
Erin responded " I think that was one of the main things that helped me and Chad get through it. Hearing stories from ladies and families who have been through hard situations that were even worse than ours in some cases, really made us take our eyes off of ourselves and put them on the people who were hurting around us. I honestly had no idea how many people face the problem that we were going through, and it really opened our eyes. And it was so encouraging to hear different stories and different words of encouragement that people shared. It just made it a lot easier for both of us, I think."
ETonline asked"It's something that people don't really talk about, did you consider not sharing it on the show?"
Erin responded "I'm not going to lie, it's very difficult to talk about, just because it's something that hurts when you do share it. Me and Chad prayed about it. We felt like, if it can encourage someone else that's been through something similar that's facing a hard time, then I'd be willing to open up our lives. Even though I didn't know how people would take that, or if it would be too personal, but everybody was so supportive and so helpful during that time. I'm so grateful that we did decide to share."
ETonline asked "Now that you're getting further along in your pregnancy, do you feel like you're able to relax a little bit at this point?"
Erin told The first three months, I hate to say this, but I almost lived in fear. Chad was constantly comforting me, saying, ‘Erin, you just gotta trust the Lord. This is something that is not in your hands. We're doing everything we can to make sure that the baby is healthy and we're following everything the doctor [tells us] but, at the same time, you don't have control over this.' So that was really, really hard for me, looking back and thinking, ‘What if it happens again? I'm gonna be absolutely crushed.' … It was such a relief every time I could hear the baby's heartbeat. And now that I'm 23 weeks, feeling the baby kick is the highlight of my day. I get so excited because it's like a confirmation – the baby's okay!
ETonline asked I know that you're a very accomplished musician, and you give music lessons. Can you tell what kind of music your baby likes?
Erin responded: For some reason when I play really upbeat, fast music, I always feel the baby kicking.
ETonline asked: Jill Duggar is also expecting, has she given you any advice?
Erin said: Yes, Jill Duggar has been such an encouragement throughout the pregnancy. I text her every once in a while asking a question, and she's so sweet. She always gives advice. Last week she was sharing to try to portion my food and eat this many vegetables and drink this much water. So she's a big help, just knowing that she's been through the midwife classes. She's a good friend.
ETonline question: Do you think it's possible that one of your siblings would grow up and marry one of the Duggars?
Erin answered: I personally think, hey you have 19 kids on each side, I think it's almost inevitable somewhere down the line. As much as we see each other, I think there's going to be an attraction somewhere. I don't know where yet, but I think it's gonna happen.
Watch the clip above to see Erin and Chad meeting their brand-new nephew Bradley for the first time, and wondering how that will affect them given their losses. Tune in to Bringing Up Bates tonight on UP at 9 p.m. ET to see the joyful way that Erin and Chad reveal her pregnancy to her parents.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erin! I'm personally voting for either Lawson/Jinger or Nathan/Jinger, and Joe and Tori. There's my vote! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We will try our best to answer to each comment but due to the amount of comments that we receive, we can only do our best.