Thursday, January 29, 2015

Lawson's blog: I Thought I Had Problems…

I am super excited to share with you about a new project I have been working on over the past six months. I would say this project has had a greater impact on my life than anything I have worked on so far. Over the last few years, I’ve been able to go on several mission trips where I have seen some of the poverty, suffering, and hardships that more than 90 percent of our world faces daily. Over 100 million people are homeless; Thousands of children die daily from disease or malnutrition and there are over 153 million orphans worldwide (www.worldorphans.org). These are just a few heartbreaking statistics that show the reality of suffering that happens in the world today.

I have come to realize the things we often complain about are nothing in comparison to some of the challenges others face, and this is what inspired me to write a new song, Problems (which will be the first single on my upcoming second album). A music video of this project is also currently in the works!

Comparing my small problems with the hardships others face daily, changed my whole perspective and created a desire to help raise awareness for needs around the world. I hope this song will inspire listeners to look for ways they can reach out to those who are hurting, not just around the world, but in our own communities.

Each of us know people who have lost loved ones, or who suffer with illnesses, or who face discouragement and loneliness. I hope this song will challenge listeners to take a closer look at how they can make a difference.

If you’d like to listen or download my latest song, check out the iTunes link! https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/i-thought-i-had-problems-feat./id961835350

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We will try our best to answer to each comment but due to the amount of comments that we receive, we can only do our best.