Thursday, January 22, 2015

Alyssa's blog: Being an Older Kid

Trips to Meema’s house are always so fun, and I have such wonderful memories visiting her as a kid. She is an incredible woman and grandmother, and I look up to her so much! I was so disappointed that I missed out on this visit, but John and I were busy back in Florida, and there is never enough that we can do to prepare for having our first child!
As an older kid in the Bates family, it has always been my responsibility (along with the older siblings) to help out with the little kids. It was so much fun growing up in this family because I was incredibly close to my little sisters and brothers. I will absolutely be instilling these same values in my own family. I believe that this is the best way to a) be a tight-knit family and b) have well-behaved and responsible children. John and I will certainly be trying our best! Parenthood will be no easy feat, but the practice I have received as a Bates older kid has been priceless.

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful in your maternity photos and you definitely rock a pair of jeans.best wishes to you and your family

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We will try our best to answer to each comment but due to the amount of comments that we receive, we can only do our best.