Thursday, September 3, 2015

Bates Family Blog - Lessons From A Rollercoaster

“Don’t look down, only look up!”

Dear Friends,

I can hardly believe another season of Bringing Up Bates has come to a close. We watched the finale together as a family, and boy did we laugh at ourselves! It’s funny how much we forgot about things we said and did. I do, however, vividly remember the roller-coaster! I think it’s safe to say the next time the family wants to go to ride the Wild Eagle at Dollywood, Callie and I will be waving from the ground!

As I look back, sometimes it feels like our life is a roller coaster. I know we’re not the only ones, life brings ups and downs to everyone. Over the past year, we’ve celebrated great blessings, but we’ve also walked through times where circumstances were uncertain and positive outcomes were nowhere to be found. It’s in moments like these that the problem-solver in me wants to implement my emergency plan for my family’s safe exit, but often times, the roller-coaster has already left the station and I just have to hold on for the ride. The truth is, God never promised this life would be easy, He promised He’d never leave us alone! We never have to ride the roller coaster of life alone! While you’re on the ride though, remember these few things…

Try to enjoy it! Find the good in it!
Hold on tight to your faith, you’re going to need it!
Believe this too shall pass.
Don’t look down, only look up!

You’ll walk away a little better, stronger and maybe braver for having done so. :)

We can’t thank y’all enough for your love and support. We love you. We hope our family has been an
encouragement to you and yours. We will see you back for season three!

Love, Kelly and the Bates family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We will try our best to answer to each comment but due to the amount of comments that we receive, we can only do our best.