Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Words from Carlin


This past year, God has been teaching me about the people and influences I have brought into my life. These people (or things) affect who I am. I didn't realize how important having the right heroes is. I've often heard: "Show me your friends, and I'll show you your future." The people you look up to and admire become your role models and shape your future, even if they may not be close friends. The people you see in movies, or read about in books, or listen to on the radio affect your thoughts and beliefs, without you even knowing it. How are your heroes influencing you? Would you describe the people you admire as committed Christians, or as people who say they love God, but live differently? You will become a reflection of those people whom you surround yourself with. They become the main source influencing your goals and standards. My challenge to each of us this next year is to find people who are totally sold out for Jesus, who are wise in their words and actions, who are humble and loving in their demeanor- the kind of people that will give their all for Christ, no matter the cost! Let's ask ourselves, "What kind of person do I want to become? What kind of person does God want me to be? Have I surrounded myself with people to help me achieve this goal? Or are my influences hindering my Christian growth?" PEOPLE WILL CHANGE YOU, so find people who will change you for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We will try our best to answer to each comment but due to the amount of comments that we receive, we can only do our best.