Thursday, February 12, 2015

Kelly's blog: Becoming a Grandma

My cheeks hurt from smiling during this episode! What an incredible time in our lives to be able to share with all of you! From Erin’s pregnancy announcement to Alyssa’s FaceTime updates to Bradley’s birth, you can say that I am one VERY happy Grandma. Having 3 of our children pregnant at the same was quite the thrill for Gil and me… and we couldn’t have been happier.

Whitney has become a true daughter to me, and it was so special for me to be able to coach her and give her advice during the stages of her pregnancy. Giving Zach’s baby book to Whitney was one of the most touching moments that we had shared in our relationship. It was so fun going page by page with her and sharing the joy of having a child. Don’t get me wrong though, it was very hard for me to give up that book! Passing along Zach’s baby book definitely signified closing a chapter in my life, since it is unlikely at this stage that Gil and I will have another child. However, we are more than blessed to be starting our role of grandparents!

How funny was it watching Zach when we all thought Whitney was going into labor? He was far more nervous than Whitney was! You would think that after helping out with all of his younger brothers and sisters, Zach would be an experienced pro with no nerves. That wasn’t the case, though! It’s far different to be the dad versus an older brother, and it gives Gil and me so much pleasure to watch him embrace the father role. My advice remains the same: you can’t neglect your partner once you have children… your partner is all you will have left when the kids leave the house!

Zach is such an awesome dad, and little Bradley is lucky to have him! Zach and Whitney make the cutest parents, and I can’t wait for you all to see more of Bradley! I am beyond in love with him.

Love, Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We will try our best to answer to each comment but due to the amount of comments that we receive, we can only do our best.